Course Code: 006
This 1 year BTEC NVQ 2 Beauty Therapy course is ideal for those wishing to study part-time and still gain a nationally recognised qualification. The course leads to NVQ and OICB qualifications and includes Aesthetic Treatments and is taught 1 evening per week (3 hours) over 1 academic year plus 2-4 assessment days (8 hours, 9-5pm).
Our Part Time Evening Course:
An ideal course for those with other commitments who prefer a part-time study option. The syllabus is especially suited to students who wish to learn alongside family or work. Extra study at home is required for case studies, projects, research and revision.
Students are taught in a friendly environment to the highest professional standards in all aspects of beauty therapy. As well as the general course of study, students will be set regular homework, case studies and assignments to complete during the course.
Upon successful completion of the NVQ 2 course, students may be eligible to proceed onto the NVQ 3 course to study advanced beauty therapy subject to reaching the required criteria and standards.
Please note that this course is subject to entry requirements and an interview. (Telephone interviews can be arranged for overseas students if required).
Course Outline – BTEC NVQ Level 2 Beauty Therapy:
- Provide and Maintain Facial Skin Condition BT4
- Provide Eyelash and Eyebrow Treatments BT5
- Remove Hair Using Wax Techniques BT6
- Provide Manicure Treatment BT7
- Provide Pedicure Treatment BT8
- Provide Makeup Treatment BT9
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Professional Ethics
- Health, Safety & Hygiene in the salon
UK Students must meet the following criteria:
- Photo identification (i.e. passport or driving licence).
- Names & addresses of 2 referees.
- Interview with College Principal.
- BTEC NVQ Level 2
- OICB Diploma
Apply for this course
Please complete the form below and a member of our team will get back to you shortly: